Understanding Collaboration - featuring a panel discussion on nonprofit mergers
Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:00 am
Classroom | Cleveland, OH
Strategic collaborations, joint programming, and mergers are becoming more and more important to the nonprofit sector every day and understanding your options for working collaboratively to achieve mission-critical impact is a must for today’s nonprofit leaders.
This new free class, developed in partnership with La Piana Consulting, will walk you through the basics of collaboration and provide you with:
- an understanding of why nonprofits are choosing collaboration
- knowledge on the range of collaboration options available
- a framework for the basic process steps in forging successful collaborative relationships
- action steps for further exploration
- access to model collaborations
Including an introduction to the Nonprofit Collaboration Database, this presentation of Understanding Collaboration will feature tools that can put your organization on the path to successful collaborative partnerships.
Following this class, stay for a panel discussion on nonprofit mergers. Megan Jones and Deanna Palermo from LAND studio and Kent Geist from ideastream will be on hand to talk about the formation of their merged organizations. Come and learn about the reasoning behind each merger and hear about the challenges and benefits of the merger process.
About the panel organizations:
- ideastream is a non-profit organization that applies the power of media to education, culture and citizenship. It includes WVIZ/PBS, 90.3 WCPN, educational and public service cable channels, broadband interactive video distance learning, the Internet and other interactive media. On June 30, 2001, the former non-profit organizations, Educational Television Association of Metropolitan Cleveland and Cleveland Public Radio, were dissolved. On July 1, a non-profit organization, ideastream, took life as a new public service multiple media organization with a Board of Trustees comprised of members of the former Boards of the predecessor organizations.The concept of ideastream is to bring together a variety of educational and public service media programs to leverage creative, technical and financial assets to better serve our communities.
- LAND studio is a new organization created from the successful merger of Cleveland Public Art and ParkWorks with a mission to create places and connect people through public art, sustainable building and design, collaborative planning, and dynamic programming. The name LAND studio is an acronym that describes the tools we use to achieve our mission and reinforces our commitment to being a collaborative participant in the building of a healthy city. We are dedicated to greening our LANDSCAPE, inspiring the city’s people with public ART, uniting NEIGHBORHOODS, and supporting sustainable building and DEVELOPMENT.
This class is open to all. Executive directors, board members, and organizational decision makers are encouraged to attend.