Are You A Social Entrepreneur?
Thursday, July 26, 2012 2:00 pm
Social innovation and entrepreneurship is much talked about these days, but what do the terms really mean? Specifically:
- what qualities do social entrepreneurs possess?
- how is this concept different from traditional corporate structure, even one with a socially-minded mission?
- how do you truly accomplish social change vs. simply doing “good” work?
- how can nonprofits especially incorporate some of this thinking to be successful in fulfilling their missions?
- how do you measure social impact and return?
- Your question here. The majority of the hour will be spent on your submitted questions. Want to make sure your question gets asked? Send it to us in advance!
Our guest panelists will help us answer these questions and more from the live audience. They are:
Abby Chroman works at Ashoka, where she leads global community curation for AshokaHub, an online space for Ashoka's entrepreneurs to find each other and share resources. She has also coordinated search and selection of new Fellows in the US, engagement of US Fellows, and contributed as Mobilizer for Ashoka's Changemakers.com.
Nell Edgington is president of Social Velocity, nonprofit management consulting firm where she helps nonprofits grow their programs, find firmer financial footing, create a pitch for money to strengthen or grow their organizations, create strategic plans and much more.
We'll also be asking them what roles Ashoka and Social Velocity play in the arena of advancing social innovation in the US and beyond. We will devote most of the hour to your questions!
How It Works:
This live chat will happen entirely in the chat window below. It will NOT HAVE AUDIO. When the chat goes live, you can submit your questions and comments and interact with presenters and other readers. Want to make sure your question gets asked? Send it to us in advance!
Tweet during the event #grantspace
Can't see the chat window on this page? Click here to open it in a popup window.