Getting Started with Foundation Grants to Individuals Online
Thursday, August 23, 2012 1:00 pm
Classroom | New York, NY
Learn effective strategies for finding funders that support individuals with the Foundation Center's online funding database.
This hands-on class is especially for individual grantseekers — students, artists, academic researchers, libraries, and financial aid officers. It will teach you how to search through detailed descriptions of more than 8,500 foundation programs in Foundation Grants to Individuals Online, the only online resource devoted exclusively to foundations that support the needs of individuals. This class will help you to find accurate, up-to-date information on foundations that fund:
- Educational support — scholarships, fellowships, loans, and internships
- Students and graduates of specific schools
- Arts and cultural support
- Awards, prizes, and grants by nomination
- International applicants
- Employees/families of employees at specific companies
- Research and professional support
- General welfare and special needs
Space is limited. Register online below or in person. Registrants requiring ASL signers or other disability-related services are asked to contact the Foundation Center at least two weeks in advance. If you need further information, please call (212) 620-4230.
Please arrive on time or your seat may be given away to others who are waiting to attend. Wheelchair users can enter the New York Library/Learning Center at 8 East 16th Street (between Fifth Avenue and Union Square West).