Grantseeking Basics and Proposal Writing Basics
Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:00 pm
Classroom | Missoula, MT
Gain an introduction to the world of foundation fundraising.
Are you a representative of a nonprofit organization?
Are you new to fundraising?
Do you want to learn how the funding research process works, and what tools and resources are available?
Learn how to become a better grantseeker! In this class we will cover: what you need to have in place before you seek a grant; the world of grantmakers; the grantseeking process; and available tools and resources.
Learn the key components of a proposal to a foundation.
For those new to proposal writing, this class will cover:
- How the proposal fits into the overall grantseeking process
- What to include in a standard proposal to a foundation
- Tips for making each section of your proposal stronger
- What funders expect to see in your proposal and attachments
- Tips for communicating with funders during the grant process
- Additional resources on proposal writing, including sample proposals
This class will also give a full introduction to the Foundation Center's powerful grantmaker database, Foundation Directory Online Professional.
University of Montana - Mansfield Library is a member of the Foundation Center's network of Cooperating Collections.