Introduction to Fundraising Planning and Your Board and Fundraising
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Classroom | Warren, OH
Learn a basic planning process for diversifying your organization’s support, and how to engage your board in fundraising.
A successful nonprofit organization has diversified funding streams. If your organization has never developed a fundraising plan or calendar, this session is for you. It provides an overview of the process of strategically thinking through the components of a fundraising plan. You'll learn how to:
- Conduct an assets inventory
- Develop a case statement
- Identify fundraising partners
- Prepare a fundraising plan and calendar
Following this introduction to fundraising, we will help you think through the process of getting your board involved. What we will cover:
- The role of your board
- Why board members may be reluctant to fundraise and how to overcome these concerns
- Ways the board can participate in fundraising activities
- Tips for strengthening your fundraising board
This class is offered at Kent State University - Trumbull Campus with support from the Warren Strengthening Community program. Kent State University - Trumbull Campus Library is a member of the Foundation Center's network of Cooperating Collections.
The class is free but registration is required. Call 330-549-0082 or use the "register" button below.