Foundation Directory Online
Updated weekly, FDO helps you retrieve all the grantseeking data you need. Subscribe today from just $19.95 a month.
Foundation Directory Online is the grantseeker's best friend for comprehensive, accurate information on U.S. grantmakers and their grants.
FDO offers five subscription plans to meet your needs:
Professional – Our all-inclusive subscription plan. Top-tier intelligence, with access to nine comprehensive databases–Grantmakers, Companies, Grants, and 990s plus five unique databases covering RFPs, philanthropy news, foundation-sponsored publications, nonprofit literature and jobs–to find new prospects, expand funding partnerships, and stay up to date on current donors.
Unique to Professional:
- Power Search nine Foundation Center databases and use guided search to refine your search instantly without leaving your results list.
- Map of Cross-Border Giving: See grants from U.S. grantmakers to non-U.S. recipients on interactive maps—A $595 value.
- Interactive maps show a foundation's grants by state, county, city, ZIP code, even congressional district (available only in FDO); international grants by country
- Interactive charts show a foundation's grants by area of interest with three levels of detail; click-through to recipient lists and grant records
- ‘Search Companies’ database with ability to search the profiles of sponsoring companies, another path to grants and in-kind donations
- ‘Search 990s’ database with ability to search across our entire universe of IRS 990s
- Unique funder portfolios packed with foundation news and publications, RFPs, job postings, and key staff affiliations for leading grantmakers
- Access to Update Central; build customized reports by state on new grantmakers, high-growth grantmakers, and grantmakers with recent changes
- Sign up for e-mail alerts about recent changes or new developments for the grantmakers you choose.
Platinum – Detailed profiles of over 100,000 U.S. foundations, corporate donors, and grantmaking public charities, as well as our extensive database of over 2.2 million recent grants.
Premium – The nation's top 20,000 foundations and our extensive database of over 2 million recent grants.
Plus – Two databases at one low price: the nation's top 10,000 foundations and our extensive database of over 1.4 million recent grants.
Basic – Key facts on the nation's top 10,000 foundations.
At every plan level, FDO subscribers can:
- Search by county, metro area, ZIP code, and congressional district as well as by city and state
- Save searches and store them in a password-protected 'My FDO' e-folder
- Tag records with any reminder word or phrase
- E-mail, print, and save records
- Export lists of up to 100 search results at a time into Excel with a single click
- Exclude grantmakers that don't accept applications