The Board Member's Book: Making A Difference in Voluntary Organizations
Written by former Independent Sector President Brian O’Connell, this is the perfect guide to the issues, challenges, and possibilities facing a nonprofit organization and its board.
The Board Member’s Book covers:
• the impact of nonprofit organizations on the U.S. today
• the different responsibilities of board members, staff, and volunteers
• how to find, develop, and reward good board members
• ways to recruit, encourage, and evaluate the executive director
• effective strategies for fundraising and financial planning
• how to make the most of meetings and evaluate results
• and how to conduct ethical evaluations.
Board members; nonprofit executives and staff; teachers and students of nonprofit management; and volunteers should not miss Brian O'Connell's insights.