Charitable giving statistics have been published annually since 1955 in Giving USA: The Annual Report on Philanthropy, researched and written by the Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University and published by Giving USA Foundation. These figures are based on estimated charitable deductions on tax returns filed for 2011.
Total charitable contributions by individuals, corporations, and foundations was an estimated $298.42 billion in 2011, up 4 percent in current dollars and 0.9 percent in inflation-adjusted dollars from a revised total of $286.91 billion in 2010, according to a report from the Giving USA Foundation and the Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University.
See also our related Knowledge Base articles:
- How can I find out about the most generous philanthropists in the United States?
- Where can I find information on celebrity giving?
- How can I learn about researching and cultivating individual donors?
Selected resources below may also help.
Search the Knowledge Base
You May Also Like
Questions by Category
- Funding Resources
- Funding Research
- Nonprofit Management
- Individual Grantseekers
- Resources for Non-U.S. Grantseekers
- Preguntas y respuestas en español