skip to content

Knowledge Base

Where can I find grants to pay for private elementary, middle or high school tuition?

Most foundation scholarships are for undergraduate or graduate students. However, a few foundations give grants to attend private elementary, middle or high school.

If you have not already done so, contact the school's financial aid or administrative office, as it may be able to connect you with resources specifically for its students. Also ask if your state’s Department of Education provides vouchers or other financial assistance to attend private school.

You can search for foundation grants with Foundation Grants to Individuals Online, our searchable database of grantmakers that give directly to individual grantseekers. Start with a Type of Support search for "Precollege support".

To search from your own computer, subscribe online. You also can use it for free at our libraries and Funding Information Network locations. This information is also available as a print directory.

To learn more now about getting foundation grants, watch our free recorded webinar, Finding Foundation Support for Your Education.

Selected resources below may also be helpful.

We Recommend

Books & Articles

Click on book covers to get more info and buy them on Amazon.

Find in nearby libraries Find in FC libraries
Buy from Foundation Center
Find in nearby libraries
Find in FC libraries
Find in nearby libraries

Web Sites

* indicates staff pick

Rate Content

You don't have access to rate this page.

Log in or create a user account to rate this page.

Average Rating (2 votes cast):
  • Currently 5 out of 5 Stars.

Thank you for rating!

You have already rated this page, you can only rate it once!

Your rating has been changed, thanks for rating!