Most foundation funding is awarded to nonprofit organizations, not to individual grantseekers. However, Foundation Center has gathered resources for individual grantseekers, including the tools and web sites listed in the Individual Grantseekers area of our web site.
Foundation Center's GrantSpace website features various articles in the Knowledge Base that could be useful to you and your applicants:
- Where can I find information about grants to individuals with disabilities?
- Where can I find funding for an invention or patent?
- How can I get funding for my personal project?
- How can we raise money for a single individual or family in need?
- Where can I find help with emergency housing costs?
- How can I recognize and avoid grant or scholarship scams?
- How do I write a grant proposal for my individual project? Where can I find samples?
We also publish Foundation Grants to Individuals Online, a directory of grantmakers that fund individual grantseekers. A print version of Foundation Grants to Individuals can be purchased online or accessed free of charge at the Foundation Center's libraries in Atlanta, Cleveland, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC, and at our Funding Information Network partners.
Please visit Foundation Center's Knowledge Services for useful tools and resources exclusively for grantmakers.
You Might Also Like
Search the Knowledge Base
Questions by Category
- Funding Resources
- Funding Research
- Nonprofit Management
- Individual Grantseekers
- Resources for Non-U.S. Grantseekers
- Preguntas y respuestas en español