Legal Structures for Raising Funds in the U.S. to Support Foreign Charities
Laywers present legal frameworks for international charities or causes that wish to raise funds from U.S. donors. This is a recording of a live event.
Topics addressed include:
- U.S. "Friends of..." structure
- Intermediary or fiscal sponsorship structure
- Donor-advised structure
- Equivalency determination
- Expenditure responsibility
- Peggy Germain, program assistant, Pro Bono Clearinghouse, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest
- Jennifer L. Franklin and Drew C. Rabe from the New York office of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
Can't see the embedded player? Play or download this podcast on Soundcloud.