Meet the Grantmakers: How Tech Gives
- Meet the panelists and learn about their organizations' giving plans for the coming year: 1:18 min mark
- Panelists speak about grantmaking/community engagement priorities and how it aligns with their business models: 5:21
- What are the options for nonprofits to get support from panelists' companies? 21:38
- Trends on how to engage tech donors and what are they interested in? 39:14
- How does need to broaden workforce diversity affect community and nonprofit engagement efforts? 50:05
- How can nonprofits reach out to employees of companies that offer matching gift programs? What percentage of employees make use of matching funds and how do companies promote this form of giving? 58:30
The San Francisco Business Times reported that in 2013, the companies on its list of the most generous Bay Area corporate philanthropists gave a combined $262 million to local nonprofits, and that technology companies are increasingly upping their philanthropic participation.
In this recording, top tech donors in the Bay Area discuss their companies' current philanthropic priorities and strategies, forecast their giving for 2015, reflect on corporate philanthropy trends, and share insights about emerging trends in the tech sector, including innovation labs, donated employees and equipment, and impact assessment.
- Gisela B. Bushey, Director, SanDisk Foundation and Community Relations
- Ebony Frelix, Vice President of Programs, Salesforce Foundation
- Brigitte Hoyer Gosselink, Portfolio Manager, Google.org
- Christine Sheldon, Sr. Program Manager-Talent Engagement and Early Career, Intuit, Inc.