Introduction to Finding Grants
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:30 am
In-person | Atlanta, GA
Are you new to the field of grantseeking?
Discover what funders are looking for in nonprofits seeking grants and how to find potential funders in this introductory course.
You will learn the 10 most important things you need to know about finding grants, including:
- Who funds nonprofits and what are their motivations.
- What do funders really want to know about the organizations they are interested in funding.
- How do you identify potential funders and make the first approach.
- In-person classes will end with 30 minutes of hands-on, guided online grant research. It is advisable, but not necessary, to bring a laptop/tablet for this portion of the class.
- This orientation is not intended for individuals seeking grants for their own use. Please refer to our Resources for Individual Grantseekers.
Self-paced eLearning and live webinar versions qualify for 1.25 CFRE education credits.
Training Event Calendar
Space is limited. Register online with the form below, in person, or by calling (404) 880-0094. Registrants requiring ASL signers or other disability-related services are asked to contact the Foundation Center at least two weeks in advance.
Upon arrival, you will be required to present your ID to obtain a visitor pass. Valid forms of ID include a driver’s license, passport, military ID, or business card. Please plan to arrive early and stop at the Visitor Services desk in the main lobby to obtain a visitor pass.
Please arrive on time or your seat may be given away to others who are waiting to attend. If you need further information, please call (404) 880-0094.