Special Program: Demystifying State Charity Registration Laws
Tuesday, February 20, 2018 10:00 am
In-person | New York, NY
Check-in: 9:45 am
Do you accept donations on your website? Send appeals by email? Use telemarketing? These and other popular fundraising methods trigger charity registration requirements in many states throughout the country.
In this Foundation Center exclusive, you’ll learn:
- What these laws are
- Why compliance is critical
- How to determine where you need to register
- How exemptions work
- How to protect your officers and board by getting into compliance
- What New York state registration looks like
- A plan to prioritize and get started
About the Presenter:
Tony Martignetti is a lawyer, but he doesn't talk like one. He’ll teach you what you need to know, in plain language. Tony is a thought leader on state charity registration and host of Tony Martignetti Nonprofit Radio, Big Nonprofit Ideas for the Other 95%. He video blogs at tonymartignetti.com and does stand-up comedy in New York City.