Special Program: Engage, Persuade, Motivate!: Maximizing Impact With Digital Content
Wednesday, July 12, 2017 10:00 am
In-person | New York, NY
Check-in: 9:30 am
Today’s digital landscape is crippling our ability to focus, with people’s average attention span now shorter than a goldfish’s. We also spend over 10 hours a day consuming content from digital screens. Add it up, and our understanding of the world and our connections to it are significantly shaped online while our ability to process and put information to good use are increasingly diminished. In this environment, organizations who publish content online to help make change happen in the real world face significant challenges. How do they build meaningful relationships with audiences, broaden people's perspective and deepen understanding to increase the impact of their work? And how must they think differently about the ways they produce and publish content?
In this workshop led by Matthew Schwartz (Founder & Director of Strategy) and Senongo Akpem (Design Director) of social change design agency, Constructive, you’ll gain insights into strategies and techniques that will transform how your organization produces and delivers content online—and turn your website visitors into readers and website visits into journeys.
Specifically, you’ll learn:
- The principles of content-centric design
- Design’s role in increasing credibility and persuasion
- How to organize & present content for greater clarity
- How to create greater context & deeper meaning for audiences
- How to deliver memorable takeaways and encourage longer reads
- How to produce flexible content that can be reused across channels