Before You Seek a Grant: A Checklist for Nonprofits
In-person | Laurel, MD
Learn the characteristics of effective nonprofits and assess whether yours is ready for foundation fundraising.
This replay of Foundation Center's recorded webinar is designed for new nonprofits or community groups with very little experience in grantseeking. We focus specifically on foundation fundraising.
The webinar will address such questions as:
- What groundwork do I have to have in place before approaching foundations for funding?
- What are the steps to obtaining incorporation and nonprofit status and where can I get some help to do so?
- What are the characteristics of successful nonprofits?
This free session will provide you with a step-by-step checklist approach to help you determine your own readiness for foundation fundraising.
After the recorded webinar, attendees will have time to:
- ask questions and share ideas with each other
- learn about nonprofit startup resources at the Laurel Branch and in the community
- get a brief tour of Foundation Center's resources, online and at the Laurel Branch
This event is led by a Funding Information Network partner.
Registration is not required to attend this event. For questions, please call (301) 776-6790.