Tell Your Story: Building A High-Impact Personal Brand Workshop
Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:30 am
12:30 pm PT
In-person | San Francisco, CA
As the nonprofit and for-profit industry lines continue to blur, the competition for executives to monetize their expertise intensifies. This half-day personal branding workshop is designed to solve this problem.
Participants will learn these three key aspects of personal branding:
- Storytelling and Tribe Activation –Whether pitching for funding, interviewing for jobs or launching a consulting business, the ability to articulate one’s unique story makes all the difference. Participants will explore influential personal, professional and organizational storytelling techniques. And learn how to create storytelling templates to activate their network for targeted opportunities.
- Professional Identity and Thought Leadership – Although already accomplished, leaders in transition struggle to architect their personal brands. Participants will go through a step-by-step process of building their personal brands as an industry leader, and articulate their thought leadership across the nonprofit and for-profit industries.
- Brand Monetization and Distribution – Given the burden to be a force for good, nonprofit leaders often come up short in establishing demands for their expertise in the marketplace. Participants will uncover how to distill this their vast professional experience into products and services, and distribute these across their existing social, professional and online networks.
- Frame life experiences to secure impact funding and speaking opportunities
- Optimize LinkedIn profiles for 6 figure impact jobs and consulting opportunities
- Elevator Pitch, Biography, CV and LinkedIn profile makeover
- Open your personal brand personal website for business
- Learn how to Tell Your Story in form of a TED Talk
This workshop is for:
- Early to senior level executives in career transitions
- Businesses and nonprofits finding a niche in a saturated market
- Professionals seeking local and overseas job opportunities
- Startup entrepreneurs raising investment capital
- Anyone trying to turn challenging stories into funding opportunities and build an high impact personal brand
About the presenter:
Gbenga Ogunjimi is a West African word that means Elevate. As a social entrepreneur, impact investor, and identity strategist, Gbenga applies his wealth of experience in social enterprise, philanthropy and international service as a bridge builder - bridging the gap of access holding back leaders from making imprints on the global stage.
Today, as Founder and CEO of GO Global Inc., Gbenga architects the personal brand of leaders at all levels in career transition. He has coached hundreds of business and nonprofit leaders at organizations like Verizon, Airbnb, American Express, Teach for America, The Foundation Center, Susan G Komen and UN Foundation. Gbenga's international platforms include the Social Enterprise World Forum, and his Business of Storytelling Series (Tell Your Story) has reached business leaders across Corporate America.
Gbenga regularly works with the governments of United States and several emerging market countries to empower profit and nonprofit leaders. He has received global recognitions for his work and impact. He is proudly an Atlas Corps Alum, United States, Global Young Social Entrepreneurs Fellow, Malaysia and Cordes/Opportunity Collaboration Fellow, Mexico. Gbenga writes on Identity for The Huffington Post and makes his impact investments through The GO Foundation, Broad Street Fund and LDI Africa. Gbenga also serves as an Advisor to the Global Health Corps, an international nonprofit that mobilizes a global community of emerging leaders to build the movement for health equity.