Beginner's Guide to Prospect Research
Friday, June 26, 2015 10:00 am
12:00 pm PT
In-person | San Francisco, CA
Are you a researcher new to the field of prospect research? Do you want to renew your skills in the field? Are you a development professional or an education organization wanting to create or better manage a development research unit?
This workshop will provide an overview regarding the basic techniques of conducting prospect research on individuals, corporations, and foundations.
Topics discussed will include:
- A review of research resources, templates, forms, and reporting
- Prospect management and tracking methodologies
- Shop policies, procedures, and best practices
- Guidelines for research offices
- How to prepare in-depth profiles using free/pay online tools, print materials, and other available resources.
About the Speaker:
With over 20 years’ experience in nonprofits, Dori Cavala is currently a Prospect Research analyst at the American Cancer Society. She began her nonprofit career as a museum gift shop manager in Sacramento and moved on to prospect research fifteen years ago. Since that time, she has gained a broad range of experience in museums, higher education, and cause-related organizations.
Thank You to our Regional Sponsor!