Donor-Advised Funds at Community Foundations: Connecting Donors and Nonprofits
Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:00 pm
3:30 pm ET
This event is no longer available.
Live webinars are scheduled for Eastern Time.
A donor-advised fund, or DAF, is a philanthropic vehicle established at a public charity. It allows donors to make a charitable contribution, receive an immediate tax benefit and then recommend grants from the fund over time.
FACT: Donor-advised fund giving is on the rise! According to Giving USA, the total estimated charitable contributions in the United States in 2013 were $335.17 billion. Of those contributions, donor-advised fund accounts received $17.28 billion, or 5.2 percent of the total charitable giving for the year.
National Philanthropic Trust’s 2014 Donor-Advised Fund Report shows community foundations have experienced steady growth in donor-advised fund accounts. DAFs are not one-size-fits–all, even among community foundations that provide this service to their donors.
In this webinar, we bring nonprofits and community foundations together to answer:
- What best practices should nonprofits employ to be eligible for DAFs?
- What can community foundations learn from each other about the numerous DAF service and engagement models?
- Join us for an in-depth panel discussion on the variety of DAFs, why community foundations are providing them, and how nonprofits can best position their organization for DAF grants.
- Current growth in the distribution of DAFs by community foundations
- How nonprofits can engage with community foundations on/in DAF programs
- Discussion of community foundation donor-advised fund models of service and engagement
- Nonprofit staff will gain strategic tips on how to work with community foundations on DAF programs
- Community foundation staff will learn from their peers about the role of different DAF services/models in the field
- Development/fundraising professionals who want to learn more about donor-advised funds serviced through community foundations
- Community foundation staff and leaders who want to learn about different donor-advised fund services and models
- Philanthropy advisors/consultants
Moderator: Aaron Schill Director, CF Insights
- Joy R. Watkins, JD President & CEO, Community Foundation of North Florida
- Krystle Folse, Donor Services Manager, Greater Houston Community Foundation
- Brenda Laribee, Fund Development Consultant // Interim Development Director, National Center for Lesbian Rights