Meet the Changemakers: Funding Resilience, Building Leadership Capacity
Thursday, September 08, 2016 3:00 pm
4:30 pm PT
In-person | San Francisco, CA
This event is no longer available.
The San Francisco Bay Area region is host to some of the most strategic and forward-thinking foundations when it comes to supporting leadership development among their grantees. These foundations are very thoughtful about their strategies for this important work and they all want grantees to be resilient and successful. Join Bay Area foundation leaders as they talk about the evolution of their capacity building work and the latest trends in their support for the leadership development and related long-term sustainability of their grantees.
Some of the topics covered:
- How foundation capacity building has evolved
- Key issues foundation leadership development grants are focused on
- What are the future funding trends for these program
- What potential grantees should know about approaching foundations for capacity building support
- Barbara Kibbe, Director of Organizational Effectiveness, S.D. Bechtel Jr. Foundation
- Ellen Friedman, Executive Director, Compton Foundation
- Shelley Trott, Director, Arts Strategy & Ventures, Kenneth Rainin Foundation
- Jamaica Maxwell, Program Officer, Organizational Effectiveness, The David and Lucille Packard Foundation
Rachael Grossman is a certified executive coach and consultant with extensive experience in the corporate, non-profit and social enterprise sectors. She has managed Organizational Advancement divisions encompassing new business development, fundraising, public relations. As a C-level executive, she has developed marketing and strategic partnerships for Parenting Magazine, Women.com, and the Women’s Funding Network. For five years, she served as the Chief of Organizational Advancement for Goodwill Industries of San Francisco, San Mateo, and Marin Counties, building out a comprehensive development program for a $30 million legacy social service agency. As a consultant, Rachael helps clients develop strategic growth and partnerships plans, and helps develop staff capacity to implement these strategies. She is an executive coach for the Center for Excellence in Nonprofits’ Leaders Institute.