How to Start Measuring Your Organization's Impact
Thursday, May 19, 2016 11:00 am
12:30 pm PT
This event is no longer available.
- Do you want to measure your impact but don’t know how to begin?
- Do you want to measure performance but don’t have the staff, time, or the budget?
- Do you ever feel like you’re wasting time, collecting data for funders, but see no benefit from it?
- Does measurement jargon (e.g. control-groups, randomized control trials, regression analysis) send you running for cover?
If any of that sounds familiar, you’ve come to the right place! In this webinar, international performance management and strategy expert Liana Downey will walk you through simple steps to take control and put you and your organization back in the driver’s seat. Learn about the different kinds of measurement approaches and how you can identify which is right for you. Liana will discuss common roadblocks such as lack of budget, technology, trained staff, and how to overcome them. You’ll learn the difference between outcomes, measures, as well as internal and external reporting. Learn 6 simple steps to develop a powerful measurement system to increase your impact and impress funders.
- Recognize and overcome common road-blocks to measurement, such as overwhelmed front-line staff, too much data, out of date technology and budget constraints
- Understand the most common mistakes nonprofits/social enterprises make in measuring their impact and how to avoid them
- Learn how to share data to increase board and donor engagement
- Executive Directors
- Program Leaders
- Directors of Strategy, Performance Measurement Directors
- Board Members of nonprofits, social enterprises and government departments
Liana Downey is an internationally acclaimed strategy advisor dedicated to creating social change. As the CEO of Liana Downey & Associates, Liana leads a global team that helps leaders increase focus and change lives. Clients include social enterprises, nonprofits and federal, state and city governments, such as Speak up Africa, Community Solutions, the Nature Conservancy and the NYC Education Department. Liana is the author of Mission Control: How Nonprofits and Governments Can Focus, Achieve More and Change the World (Bibliomotion, May 2016).
Previously, she led the Australian social and public sector practices of McKinsey & Company and was an expert advisor to the Australian Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet. Liana holds an MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business (Arjay Miller Scholar) and serves on the National and New York Boards of Room to Grow, an innovative nonprofit dedicated to improving the lives of families living with poverty.