*Special Program* Startup Fundraising: How to Jumpstart and Sustain Support for your Cause
Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:00 am
11:30 am ET
In-person | Washington, DC
You need to raise money for your organization. Where do you start? Startup Fundraising: How to Jumpstart and Sustain Support for your Cause provides the fundamental principles of fundraising and key techniques to establish, sustain and diversify revenue. Learn how to integrate fundraising into your day-to-day activities and how to maximize your current efforts.
This introductory session will empower you to:
- Vet, prioritize, and maximize fundraising strategies
- Launch a systematic donor prospecting and cultivation program
- Engage Board members, volunteers, and partners in fundraising
- Learn how to establish a solid fundraising infrastructure on which you can build a well-planned, efficient, and effective fundraising program.
- To learn the basic principles of a culture of philanthropy
- To learn the primary tactics of prospecting and expanding your donor base
- To learn the fundamental mechanics of leading fundraising methods
- To learn how to maximize volunteer leadership and partnerships in fundraising
About the Presenter:
Kaylan Somerville is an “innovative, nimble, and experienced” fundraising executive who has raised and managed nearly $20 million since 2005. For over 10 years, Kaylan has increased revenue for several multi-- million dollar nonprofit organizations including the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington, the American Nurses Foundation, and Big Brothers Big Sisters. In 2011 Kaylan launched Blue Umbrella Fundraising to help nonprofits of all sizes mitigate risks and maintain strategy and stride amidst organizational shifts and transitions. As principal she provides customized, comprehensive, plug and play strategies that are simple, intuitive, and sustainable. Kaylan is a proud advisory board member for a newly formed youth serving organization, Raising a Village. She also serves as a volunteer team leader for the Young, Black, and Giving Back Institute. At the Institute, Kaylan convenes early- and mid-career professionals of color to strengthen the leadership and capacity of diverse philanthropic initiatives nationwide. She is a sought-after facilitator currently serving as trainer for the Foundation Center, Baltimore City Mayor’s Office, and the Family League of Baltimore. Kaylan is a graduate of St. Mary’s College of Maryland. She and her husband are the proud parents of four children.
Space is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis.
Training Event Calendar
Register online below or by calling
We periodically offer sign-language interpreted classes. To be notified as to when these classes will be available, please email DCTraining@foundationcenter.org.
Due to our space limitations, please let us know 48 hours in advance if you need to cancel.