*Special Program* The Power of the Purse: How Women Philanthropists Differ from Men and How to Attract them to your Mission
Wednesday, October 11, 2017 10:00 am
12:00 pm ET
In-person | Washington, DC
Women’s philanthropy has come into its own. Times and gender roles have changed…Women now make up 53 percent of the workforce, are starting up new businesses at three times the rate of men and a higher percentage of higher-earning women are single (verses married) or married without children. Come and hear how to woo these educated philanthropists and leave with strategic tactics to employ to capture them.
- Develop an understanding of women of “new wealth” as donors, and how they differ from men
- Learn how to better communicate with women donors to solicit large gifts
- Garner an understanding for how to better relate to women donors through a strategic wooing process
- Answer the “Why Should I do this” question or better put, “What’s in this for my organization”?
- Takeaways and action steps for increasing your capacity for cultivating women donors
About the Presenters:
Mary Alex currently works for marketing at Microsoft in addition to the Dave Matthews Band’s Foundation, where she helps the band members to invest their assets in nonprofits. She has her own boutique consulting firm which takes her all over the world doing all types of capacity building interventions, including interim executive leadership, marketing tactics, executive Board development, and donor expansion (including launching business enterprises, donor circles, and flash philanthropy strategy). MA also just recently graduated from the Sorensen Institute for Political Leadership at the University of Virginia and now resides in the Washington, DC area. Her professional profile can be found at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/maryalex1/.
Space is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis.
Training Event Calendar
Register online below or by calling
We periodically offer sign-language interpreted classes. To be notified as to when these classes will be available, please email DCTraining@foundationcenter.org.
Due to our space limitations, please let us know 48 hours in advance if you need to cancel.