Introduction to Finding Grants
Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:30 am
12:00 pm ET
In-person | Washington, DC
Are you new to the field of grantseeking?
Discover what funders are looking for in nonprofits seeking grants and how to find potential funders in this introductory course.
You will learn the 10 most important things you need to know about finding grants, including:
- Who funds nonprofits and what are their motivations.
- What do funders really want to know about the organizations they are interested in funding.
- How do you identify potential funders and make the first approach.
- In-person classes will end with 30 minutes of hands-on, guided online grant research. It is advisable, but not necessary, to bring a laptop/tablet for this portion of the class.
- This orientation is not intended for individuals seeking grants for their own use. Please refer to our Resources for Individual Grantseekers.
Self-paced eLearning and live webinar versions qualify for 1.25 CFRE education credits.
This Event is Closed
Training Event Calendar
Register online below or by calling (202) 331-1400.
We periodically offer sign-language interpreted classes. To be notified as to when these classes will be available, please email DCTraining@foundationcenter.org.
Due to our space limitations, please let us know 48 hours in advance if you need to cancel.