Introduction to Finding Grants
Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:00 am
1:00 pm ET
In-person | Laurel, MD
Are you new to the field of grantseeking?
Discover what funders are looking for in nonprofits seeking grants and how to find potential funders in this introductory course.
You will learn the 10 most important things you need to know about finding grants, including:
- Who funds nonprofits and what are their motivations.
- What do funders really want to know about the organizations they are interested in funding.
- How do you identify potential funders and make the first approach.
- In-person classes will end with 30 minutes of hands-on, guided online grant research. It is advisable, but not necessary, to bring a laptop/tablet for this portion of the class.
- This orientation is not intended for individuals seeking grants for their own use. Please refer to our Resources for Individual Grantseekers.
Self-paced eLearning and live webinar versions qualify for 1.25 CFRE education credits.
Training Event Calendar
This class is co-sponsored by Prince George's County Memorial Library, Laurel Branch, a Funding Information Network partner of Foundation Center.