What kind of content do you accept?
The GrantSpace blog “highlights the knowledge you need to be a better grantseeker.” Being a better grantseeker also means being a better, stronger nonprofit. So, we welcome any content that is useful for building better, stronger nonprofits, with preference given to practical advice that readers can use immediately.
- Your post must be original and must have never been published before on the Internet.
- No minimum length, but we recommend about 500 words for decent depth & detail.
- Write in a voice/tone that’s less formal, more approachable.
- Accompanying image is optional. If you wish to provide an image to go with your blog post, it should be attributed (provide image source URL), at least 200×200 pixels, JPG or PNG format.
Common Sense Guidelines
- Use short paragraphs, subheadings, and/or bullet lists to break up your article.
- Check your spelling & grammar.
- Attribute any quoted/paraphrased info with links to the sources.
Author Bio Guidelines
- Recommended length is 50-75 words.
- You can include 1-2 links in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post.
- Include a clear, closeup headshot of yourself, at least 100×100 pixels, JPG or PNG format.
- Email your blog post to firstname.lastname@example.org with “guest post for GrantSpace blog” in the Subject line. Please include the post in the body of the email itself, or as a .doc attachment.
- It may take up to 2 weeks before we respond to you. Even if we choose not to publish your blog post, you will get a response, explaining the reason.
- If we publish your blog post, Foundation Center has full rights to the content, including but not limited to edit, mix, duplicate, use, or re-use it in whole or in part as it so chooses.
Questions? Ask Us.