By now, you 've probably set several types of goals for 2015 -- goals for your whole organization, specific projects, and individual performance. But if you 're still in the goal-setting process, or if you haven 't yet started, these articles are helpful starts:
- Advice + Results from 2 Nonprofits and a Foundation With Bold Goals. Includes a bold goal field guide, Where to Start: Setting a Bold Goal.
- Your Team 's Success Begins with Good Goal Setting. Do you know the difference between goals and tactics?
We want to grow our audience of return visitors, so here are two of GrantSpace's projects planned for 2015:
- Refresh our website so it 's more responsive. For non-techies, this means that the site will be easier to view and use on a variety of screen sizes since more and more people are visiting us with tablets and smartphones.
- Extend the reach of special programs to our audiences worldwide by providing real-time online coverage and/or recaps of more of these popular, high quality, content-rich events, which happen nearly every week at our five regional offices.
For example, Foundation Center San Francisco will livestream two of its â€œIndustry Insiderâ€ events today (Feb. 24):
- Prospecting Secrets to Building a Major Donor Program with Armando Zumaya
- Surf 's Up: Moving from the Board That You Have to the Board That You Need with Lisa Hoffman
These programs are part of their annual Open House, so this year, our San Francisco staff will be welcoming virtual visitors in addition to those in person. Virtual viewers can watch for free and send questions or comments.
Here are more recaps of recent in-person events at our regional offices:
- Responding to Negative Comments on Social Media (live tweet transcript)
- Make a Video for the Non-Profit You Love for Under $50 (video)
- Telling Your Story: Maximizing Your Organization's Form 990 (podcast)
What are YOUR organization 's goals for 2015? Tell us in the following poll. (You 'll see the results once you submit your answer.)
What do YOU want to see on GrantSpace that would help you become a better grantseeker? Tell us in the Comments area below.
Subscribe to Our Blog
When we publish a new blog post, you’ll get notified by email.