Foundation Center does not give grants/donations, suggest specific funders, or approach them on your behalf. More about Foundation Center's mission. But we can point you to resources that should help you in your funding search.
If you have not already done so, we suggest that you start your search with a visit to your college or university's financial aid office, as it may be able to connect you with resources that specifically target non-U.S. residents.
Also, ask about scholarships from other organizations in your personal and professional networks, for example:
- Government agencies (education, arts and culture, health, etc.) in your country that award scholarships
- Department office for your academic program
- Local or regional alumni clubs
- Community or civic organizations, such as Rotary International
- Religious organizations
- Businesses or corporations that employ you, your parents, or your spouse
Most U.S. foundation scholarships go to U.S. citizens and residents and not to international students. However, Foundation Grants to Individuals Online, our searchable database of grantmakers that give to individuals, lists more than 100 funders who give grants to foreign applicants for a variety of purposes.
If you use this database, try this setup:
- Geographic Focus = names of your country or continent
- Type of Support = Scholarships or Awards OR Undergraduate OR... (view the index to discover new characters)
- Field of Interest = words/phrases that describe yourself and your personal, study, and career interests
To search from your own device/location, subscribe at our web site. You (or friends who can help with your research) also can use it for free at Foundation Center libraries and partners in the U.S. and in more than 10 countries.
To start learning now about getting foundation grants, watch our free recorded webinar, Finding Foundation Support for Your Education.
Worksheets to help students prepare applications and essays are at the Individual Grantseekers area of our web site.
The Institute of International Education provides information about international education and training programs, including Fulbright scholarships.