Most foundation funding is awarded to nonprofit organizations, not to individual grantseekers. However, Foundation Center has gathered resources for individual grantseekers, including the tools and web sites listed in the Support for Individual Grantseekers topic area of our web site.
Foundation Center's GrantSpace website features various articles in the Knowledge Base that could be useful to you and your applicants:
- How can I find funding for seniors, veterans, or people with disabilities?
- Where can I find funding for an invention or patent?
- How can I get funding for my personal project?
- How can we raise money for a person or family in need?
- Where can I find help with emergency housing costs?
- How can I recognize and avoid grant or scholarship scams?
- How do I write a grant proposal for my individual project? Where can I find samples?
We also publish Foundation Grants to Individuals Online, a directory of grantmakers that fund individual grantseekers. A print version of Foundation Grants to Individuals can be purchased online or accessed free of charge at the Foundation Center's libraries in Atlanta, Cleveland, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC, and at our Funding Information Network partners.
Please visit Foundation Center's Knowledge Services for useful tools and resources exclusively for grantmakers.
Topic(s) Support for Individual Grantseekers
Have a question about this topic? Ask us!
Foundation Center's Ask Us service will answer your questions within one business day.Ask Us