Wednesday, April 18, 2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm ET
What would happen if no one in an organization focused their efforts on resource development? Would great non-profits be forced to reduce or cancel programs, postpone critical events/campaigns, or even worse…close their doors?
This workshop sheds light on development planning basics so individuals new to the world of fundraising and non-nonprofits are equipped to make successful transitions. A healthy development staff and plan help put safety nets in place to ensure organizations can survive major transitions and work towards long-term goals. The workshop facilitator will engage participants in strategy sessions designed to dissect the roles and responsibilities of development staff, identify diverse funding/resource streams, and highlight best practices and creative solutions to a successful development position.
- Understand the primary purpose and key components of development work.
- Grasp key job skills, roles, and responsibilities for development staff.
- Outline the diversified funding streams organizations can access and develop as part of a well-rounded development plan.
- Create a basic development plan template that can be personalized for any organization.
- Learn time management strategies and planning best practices to ensure success in the fundraising field.
CEOs, executive directors, upper management
Fundraising & development staff
- Worksheets & handouts will be given in class.
Amanda Pearce Owner Funding for Good, Inc. View Bio