Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Eastern: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Central: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Mountain: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Pacific: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
You must be logged in to enroll for this training.Login to Enroll
People are the greatest asset in any nonprofit organization. By investing in the talent needs of your staff, you can increase their effectiveness while also making the organization more sustainable. But what does that investment look like? Find out how funders and nonprofits can work together to support and develop nonprofit professionals and leaders. Get an inside look at talent-investing in practice and learn how to use it in your own organization.
Talent-investment is defined as the intentional deployment of resources to support and develop nonprofit professionals and leaders. Join Fund the People to learn how to invest in the talent of nonprofit organizations as part of your strategy and practices. This type of support is needed now more than ever, due to the many challenges that nonprofits are facing in today’s difficult political and social climate. Curious about the answers to the following questions? Join us!
- What does it look like to invest in nonprofit talent?
- What types of interventions are available?
- What works?
- What are we learning?
Receive practical guidance on how funder talent-investments can increase effectiveness, equity and inclusion, performance, impact, and sustainability in nonprofits, and how to bake it into your work. You’ll also hear directly from a funder and nonprofit grantee partner about what talent-investing looks like in practice and what they are learning.
- Upon completion of this webinar you should be able to:
- Identify a series of best-practices for talent investment to apply to your organization
- Assess your organization’s talent development needs and plan how to invest in your talent pipeline
- Plan to invest in your nonprofit organization’s talent pipeline
- Start conversations about talent development (both internally and between funders and grantees)
- Foundations looking to invest in grantees’ professional and organizational development
- Nonprofit professionals (from entry-level to executive-level) interested in supporting their staff’s and overall organization’s professional development
All levels of experience
Elizabeth Kidd Vice President of Community Impact The Community Foundation of the Holland/Zeeland Area View Bio
Latoya Booker Executive Director Lakeshore Ethnic Diversity Alliance (LEDA) View Bio
Yolanda Caldera-Durant Director of Programs Fund the People View Bio