Monday, October 8, 2018
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm ET
Somerset County Library System of New Jersey
Hillsborough Library branch
379 South Branch Road
Hillsborough, NJ 08844 The library is located in the Hillsborough Municipal Building, with ample free parking.
Are you new to proposal writing or want a quick refresher? If so, you don't want to miss one of our most popular classes!
This class will provide you with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation. It will include:
- The basic elements of a proposal
- The "do's" and "don'ts" of writing and submitting a proposal
- How to follow up whether the answer is yes or no
- 30-minute hands-on exercise to develop a proposal outline (in-person classes only)
- A version of this course is also offered in Spanish.
- For more on proposal budgets, see our free class, Introduction to Project Budgets.
Looking for sample proposals?
Our Sample Documents gallery has samples of actual winning proposals recommended by grantmakers.
Self-paced Learning qualifies for 1.5 CFRE credits and Live Webinar versions qualify for 1 CFRE credit.
1 to 1.5 CFRE points
This event is organized by a Funding Information Network partner.
- Understand how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation.
- Know how and when to follow up with funders after submitting a proposal.
- 2-page handout
- Project outline worksheet and sample
Seana Zimmer, Librarian Assistant and Retired Grant Writer, SCLSNJ