Wednesday, October 10, 2018
9:30 am - 11:00 am ET
Employment laws affect every nonprofit, and it’s more critical than ever to be in the know. Gaining a basic legal understanding of employment regulations will not only help diminish confusion around gray areas but will also provide solutions for day-to-day difficulties.
Join us for a session where our expert attorneys will provide an overview of applicable laws, common legal pitfalls, and best employment practices. This information-packed workshop will cover:
- federal, state, and local employment law developments, including paid family leave and new sexual harassment prevention legislation;
- employee handbooks with essential policies and procedures;
- employment agreements and classification of workers, volunteers, and interns; and
- examples of practical workplace applications to deal with real circumstances.
- Understand local, state, and federal-level employment laws and how they impact nonprofits.
- Learn what needs to be included in an employee handbook.
- Learn what to do in real situations involving nonprofit employees.
CEOs, executive directors, upper management
Lindsay Colvin Stone Associate Sheppard Mullin LLP
Sean Kirby Special Counsel Sheppard Mullin LLP