Tuesday, October 16, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm ET
The session will focus on the donor cycle—identification of prospects, cultivation of relationships, solicitation of gifts, and then stewardship of supporters. We will walk through strategies for each of these steps regardless of the development resources your organization may have. During the workshop, participants review their current development efforts, create goals for their donor cycle, and finally, choose the tactics to accomplish their goals.
We will focus on practical steps and action-oriented ideas, including free sources of prospect research. Next, the participants will think through cultivation strategies, and learn how to use the research they’ve done to strengthen relationships. We will end the day on how to take the fear out of solicitation and tap into what motivates supporters. Finally, we will cover some straightforward and creative ideas for stewarding and thanking supports after they have given to the organization.
- Learn how to conduct prospect research quickly from free sources
- Learn how to build a donor persona to use in prospecting and cultivating
- Learn how to craft a cultivation plan for donors to establish a relationship
- Create a solicitation plan that taps into a donor’s motivations
- Create a stewardship matrix to ensure all supporters are properly thanked
All levels of experience
Fundraising & development staff
Matt Gayer Director of Nonprofit Programs Catalogue for Philanthropy View Bio