Thursday, November 15, 2018
Eastern: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Central: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Mountain: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Pacific: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
International organizations seeking to enter the U.S. philanthropic market need to do so with an understanding of the legal options to do so; how to discover who among its donors are most interested in funding their work; and what it takes to differentiate their organization from the 1.5 million nonprofits registered in the U.S. and other NGOs seeking to enter the U.S.
International organizations looking to engage with donors in the U.S. need to understand the four legal paths that can allow them to do so. While individual donors represent the largest source of U.S. charitable giving, it is more challenging for those seeking to cultivate relationships for larger donations. Therefore, international organizations looking to enter the U.S. should consider the second largest source – over 86,000 grant-making foundations—which are more efficient to identifying and cultivating for larger donations. While cultivating relationships with foundations, international organizations need to make certain that their digital presence conveys a sense of trustworthiness, authenticity and clarity of purpose because funders research organizations online. Curious about the answers to the following questions? Join us!
- What are the four legal paths available for my international organization to legally cultivate relationships with donors in the U.S.?
- Which foundations fund international organizations like mine?
- What do funders look for when researching an organization online?
- How can I differentiate my organization online?
In this webinar, you will learn from a seasoned international nonprofit executive, consultant and educator, about who among the 86,000 registered grant-making foundations would most likely fund the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) most aligned with your organization; receive practical guidance on how to engage with them; and obtain valuable digital engagement strategies to differentiate your organization from the millions online. The webinar will be a deep dive into digital engagement strategies.
Can’t make the webinar? Register and we will send you the full recording so you can watch it on your own time!
Upon completion of this webinar you should be able to:
- Develop digital engagement strategies to convey a sense of trustworthiness, authenticity and clarity of purpose to differentiate your organization online;
- Research U.S.-based foundations likely to be interested in your work;
- Identify the SDG that aligns with your mission;
- Research U.S.-based foundations funding that SDG; and
- Create online relationships with prospective U.S.-based funders.
1.5 CFRE points
Webinar fee entitles purchaser to one computer log-in which cannot be shared. In addition, no refunds, transfers or credits will be issued for missed sessions. Access to the recording will be provided with purchase.
Upon completion of your registration, you will be receiving an email from our webinar platform, GoTo Webinar. The email will contain your own unique link to the live webinar.
All levels of experience
CEOs, executive directors, upper management
Marketing, communications, external affairs
Program directors and staff
When you register for this webinar, you receive:
- a full recording,
- a copy of the webinar slide deck, and
- associated handout(s), if applicable
Liz Ngonzi Adjunct Faculty New York University Center for Global Affairs View Bio