Friday, December 7, 2018
10:00 am - 12:00 pm CT
Volunteer Center McHenry County
620 Dakota Street
Crystal Lake, IL 60012 Stop at the front desk and let them know you're here for the Volunteer Center!
Are you new to the field of grantseeking?
Discover what funders are looking for in nonprofits seeking grants and how to find potential funders in this introductory course.
You will learn the 10 most important things you need to know about finding grants, including:
- Who funds nonprofits and what are their motivations.
- What do funders really want to know about the organizations they are interested in funding.
- How do you identify potential funders and make the first approach.
- In-person classes will end with 30 minutes of hands-on, guided online grant research. It is advisable, but not necessary, to bring a laptop/tablet for this portion of the class.
Note: This orientation is not intended for individuals seeking grants for their own use. Please refer to our Knowledge Base articles for Individual Grantseekers.
Self-paced learning qualifies for 1.5 CFRE points. Live webinar version qualifies for 1 CFRE point.
1 to 1.5 CFRE points
This event is organized by a Funding Information Network partner.
Attend an “Introduction to Finding Grants” and learn to use The Foundation Center Online Directory and Grantspace. This will be a small group training session. Space is limited to 4.
- Learn how to conduct an online grant search.
- Find out where to look online to view sample documents
- Sign up to receive email alerts on new RFPs
- Receive individual assistance
Volunteer Center McHenry County is a Funding Information Network Partner and your nearest nonprofit resource center providing free funding information.
Presenter: Jack Kruper, Non Profit Funding Consultant at The Grants Network Inc. and Certified Grant Writer ® .
Fundraising & development staff