Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Eastern: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Central: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Mountain: 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Pacific: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The Creative Work Fund awards grants of up to $45,000 for the creation of new art works that are developed through collaborations between artists and nonprofit organizations. Any kind of nonprofit may apply. The program emphasizes support for artists and a minimum of two-thirds of a Creative Work Fund grant request must be spent on artists’ fees and artists direct expenses although grants are awarded to the collaborating nonprofit organizations. Applicant artists and their organizational partners must be based in the 11 greater Bay Area counties. For the next deadline, on March 1, 2019, artists who work in traditional arts or in visual arts are invited. Applying requires two steps: a letter of inquiry; and – if invited – a detailed proposal. Participants in this Webinar will learn about the origins and focus of the Fund, an overview of the application process, specific steps applicants should take, and tips for a successful request. There will be opportunities to ask questions at the end of the Webinar.
- Upon completion of this webinar you should be able to:
- Seek an appropriate partner (artist or nonprofit) for your application
- Register on the Creative Work Fund’s online application site
- Outline and prepare the content for a competitive letter of inquiry
- Traditional artists
- Visual artists
- Grantwriters or development staff at nonprofit organizations of all kinds.
- Please note: eligible artists and nonprofits must be based in any of 11 greater San Francisco Bay Area counties
Upon completion of your registration, you will be receiving an email from our webinar platform, GoTo Webinar. The email will contain your own unique link to the live webinar.
All levels of experience
When you register for this webinar, you receive:
- a full recording,
- associated handout(s), if applicable
Frances Phillips Program Director Arts and the Creative Work Fund & Walter & Elise Haas Fund View Bio