Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Eastern: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Central: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Mountain: 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Pacific: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The Creative Work Fund awards grants of up to $45,000 for the creation of new artworks that are developed through collaborations between artists and nonprofit organizations. Any kind of nonprofit may apply. The program emphasizes support for artists and a minimum of two-thirds of a Creative Work Fund grant request must be spent on artists’ fees and artists’ direct expenses. Applicant artists and their organizational partners must be based in the 11 greater Bay Area counties. For the next deadline of March 1, 2019, artists who work in traditional arts or in visual arts are invited. Applying requires two steps, the first of which is submitting an online letter of inquiry. Participants in this Webinar have an opportunity to ask questions about their application plans directly of Creative Work Fund staff. These questions may be about eligibility, project focus, fit to the Fund’s priorities, technical help with the application portal, or any other related topic. Come with your queries or learn from what others are asking.
- Upon completion of this webinar, you should be able to:
- Know if the collaborating partner you are considering (artist or nonprofit) is appropriate for your application
- Choose among several project ideas you are considering
- Register on the Creative Work Fund’s online application site
- Strengthen the competitiveness of your letter of inquiry
- A Special Welcome to:
- Traditional artists
- Visual artists
- Grantwriters or development staff at nonprofit organizations of all kinds.
- Please note: eligible artists and nonprofits must be based in any of 11 greater San Francisco Bay Area counties
Upon completion of your registration, you will be receiving an email from our webinar platform, GoTo Webinar. The email will contain your own unique link to the live webinar.
All levels of experience
When you register for this webinar, you receive:
- a full recording,
- associated handout(s), if applicable
Missed our December 12th webinar? See what you missed here.
Frances Phillips Program Director Arts and the Creative Work Fund & Walter & Elise Haas Fund View Bio