Thursday, April 11, 2019
Eastern: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Central: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Mountain: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Pacific: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Learn how to create scenarios, messaging, and contingency plans for the types of crises that make your organization the most vulnerable in today's divisive world. Create a simple but comprehensive strategic communications plan to better handle the life-cycle of a crisis, from the time it first hits to months afterwards. You will learn from case studies of nonprofit failures and successes handling crises. You will also receive tips for creating sample "holding statements" to improve your internal and external communications when a crisis occurs and as it plays out. Join us to learn today’s best practices for preparing and managing a crisis you couldn't possibly predict. Join Marcia Stepanek for the final installment of a two-part Crisis Communications webinar series on crisis communications planning, tools, and more.
Can’t make the webinar? Register and we will send you the full recording so you can watch it on your own time!
Upon completion of this webinar, you should be able to:
- Identify the top 10 types of predictable and unpredictable crises that can most harm the reputation and work of a nonprofit organization in today's world
- Apply best practices for creating an "on-call" crisis team to manage increased vulnerability amid rising divisions across communications platforms
- Recognize the common nonprofit mistakes to avoid in a crisis
- Prepare an action plan from a range of new communications tools and tactics for boards, fundraising and communications executives, and nonprofit staff
- Create a plan to continuously inform, clarify, and update existing donors about how a crisis has occurred, is unfolding, and is being managed and resolved to mitigate its reputational and financial impact
- Prioritize key takeaways from what occurred to implement appropriate structural or procedural changes designed to avoid a similar crisis from occurring again and announce these changes, once made, to key donors and other stakeholders
1.5 CFRE points
Webinar fee entitles purchaser to one computer log-in which cannot be shared. In addition, no refunds, transfers or credits will be issued for missed sessions. Access to the recording will be provided with purchase.
Upon completion of your registration, you will be receiving an email from our webinar platform, GoTo Webinar. The email will contain your own unique link to the live webinar.
All levels of experience
CEOs, executive directors, upper management
Program directors and staff
When you register for this webinar, you receive:
- a full recording,
- a copy of the webinar slide deck, and
- associated handout(s), if applicable
Marcia Stepanek Lecturer, Media and Communications Columbia University View Bio