Friday, April 12, 2019 - Friday, November 15, 2019
9:30 am - 11:00 am ET
APPLICATIONS TO JOIN THE 2019 LEADERSHIP CIRCLE HAVE NOW CLOSED. JOIN US AGAIN NEXT YEAR!
The Leadership Circle for Executive Directors in New York City is a monthly peer learning group of executive directors of small nonprofit organizations, to share challenges and strategies for personal and organizational success. In an informal, roundtable format, cohort members will have an opportunity to share their insights, gain practical solutions, and alleviate on-the-job isolation or stress.
Each session will be facilitated by Foundation Center and include occasional guest speakers to share their expertise, as well as cohort members to share their own experiences and questions. There will also be casual networking opportunities throughout the year, and an array of online learning content for further professional development between meetings. Topics from past sessions include:
- Work/Life Balance
- Building Better Board Relations
- Making Time for Fundraising
- Clarifying Your Theory of Change
- Collaborating with Others for Greater Impact
- Succession Planning
To become a member you need to be a full-time, paid executive director of a nonprofit organization with an annual budget of at least $150,000. In addition, you should have at least six months of experience as executive director and a minimum of two full-time staff members (including yourself).
To apply for membership in the 2019 Leadership Circle, please use the following instructions:
- Fill out the application form to assess your fit with our membership criteria. Be sure to read the eligibility requirements listed above carefully before applying, as this group is specifically intended for nonprofit executive directors to meet with their peers.
- Next, click the orange "Enroll" button on the righthand side of this GrantSpace page, in order to submit the $150 membership fee. If you do not meet the eligibility criteria and consequently are not accepted into the Leadership Circle, your fee will be refunded.
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 15th at 5pm. Applicants will be informed of membership decisions on Friday March 22nd.
The 2019 Breakfast Club will meet monthly on Friday mornings, 9:30-11:00am, on April 12, May 10, June 21, September 20, October 25, and November 15.
The cost to participate in the program (if accepted) is $150.
If you have questions about the application process, please email Tracy Kaufman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn ideas and strategies from fellow executive directors
- Destress and unwind in an informal safe space amongst peers
- Gain professional development to enhance your work leading a nonprofit
- Gain new perspectives surrounding professional-personal balance
CEOs, executive directors, upper management