Thursday, April 25, 2019
Eastern: 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Central: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Mountain: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Pacific: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
You must be logged in to enroll for this training.Login to Enroll
Early-Bird Special Discount!
Register on or before 4/17/2019 to receive the Early-Bird Special Discount of $49!
On 4/18/2019 the rate will increase to the regular fee of $75
Fiscal sponsorship can be a wonderful funding option for startup nonprofits and charitable projects. Many who launch their organization under fiscal sponsorship believe that once their organization reaches a certain size or level of maturity, that they must separate from their sponsor and become an independent 501(c)(3).
While that is sometimes the case, only a tiny fraction of sponsored projects go out on their own each year, and it’s not always the right choice.
Join us to better understand if and when separation might be the best option for your fiscally-sponsored project, what the separation looks like; how it could affect your fundraising, programs and operations; what other options you may have; and how to determine your best path forward.
This is an advanced live, online training intended for nonprofit professionals with experience managing a fiscally-sponsored project. If you're looking to separate your project from its sponsor to attain independent 501(c)3 status in the future, we invite you to join the training!
Can’t make the webinar? Register and we will send you the full recording so you can watch it on your own time!
Upon completion of this live, online training, you should be able to:
- Evaluate your options as a fiscally-sponsored project that’s considering separation and determine the best option for your organization
- Discuss various fundraising considerations with your board and development team.
- Examine your fiscally-sponsored project’s current operational, financial, and staffing situation to determine if and when might be the right time to separate from your sponsor
- Make a well-reasoned case to an advisory board or funder regarding whether separation is the right decision for your organization and if so, when the right time might be to pursue a 501(c)(3)
1.5 CFRE points
Webinar fee entitles purchaser to one computer log-in which cannot be shared. In addition, no refunds, transfers or credits will be issued for missed sessions. Access to the recording will be provided with purchase.
Upon completion of your registration, you will be receiving an email from our webinar platform, GoTo Webinar. The email will contain your own unique link to the live webinar.
CEOs, executive directors, upper management
Program directors and staff
When you register for this webinar, you receive:
- a full recording,
- a copy of the webinar slide deck, and
- associated handout(s), if applicable
Andrew Schulman Principal Schulman Consulting View Bio