Produced by Foundation Center West
One of the most critical tasks in forming a new nonprofit organization is choosing a board of directors to oversee the agency. Who should serve on your initial board? What are the most common traits and qualities that enable boards to lead effectively and creatively?
Author and consultant Robert Zimmerman will explain the roles and responsibilities of successful boards and offer practical tips in recruiting, orienting, and working with board members.
All parts in Foundation Center's Webinar Series for Nonprofit Startup Organizations:
- Part 1: Legal Essentials of Starting a Nonprofit Organization
- Part 2: Board and Governance Issues for Startup Organizations
- Part 3: Defining Mission and Vision
- Part 4: Effective Program Development for Startup Organizations
- Part 5: First Fundraising Strategies for Startup Organizations
Robert M. Zimmerman President Zimmerman Lehman View Bio