Learn the steps that organizations can take to bring in their first dollars and begin to fundraise for their future, including:
- Identify early donor prospects to present your "elevator speech" or case statement.
- Self-assess the readiness of your organization to fundraise
- Recognize key factors to consider when pursuing charitable contributions, earned income, and government funding
- Review the advantages and challenges of each potential funding source.
All parts in Foundation Center's Webinar Series for Nonprofit Startup Organizations:
- Part 1: Legal Essentials of Starting a Nonprofit Organization
- Part 2: Board and Governance Issues for Startup Organizations
- Part 3: Defining Mission and Vision
- Part 4: Effective Program Development for Startup Organizations
- Part 5: First Fundraising Strategies for Startup Organizations
Fundraising & development staff
Tom O'Brien Program Director Neighborhood Connections, The Cleveland Foundation View Bio