Are you new to proposal writing or want a quick refresher? If so, you don't want to miss one of our most popular classes!
This class will provide you with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation. It will include:
- The basic elements of a proposal
- The "do's" and "don'ts" of writing and submitting a proposal
- How to follow up whether the answer is yes or no
- 30-minute hands-on exercise to develop a proposal outline (in-person classes only)
- A version of this course is also offered in Spanish.
- For more on proposal budgets, see our free class, Introduction to Project Budgets.
Looking for sample proposals?
Our Sample Documents gallery has samples of actual winning proposals recommended by grantmakers.
Self-paced Learning qualifies for 1.5 CFRE credits and Live Webinar versions qualify for 1 CFRE credit.
This Course Qualifies for 1.5 CFRE Points.
This online course is self-paced and includes video, graphics, and interactive quizzes. Compatible with updated versions of all browsers and mobile-friendly!
It takes most people an hour or less to complete this course.
How to Start Your Self-Paced Learning Course
Within a few minutes of your purchase, you will receive an email with the subject line “Welcome” from our Self-Paced platform, Bridge. This email will have instructions on how to create your own online account in Bridge as well as a link to access your course.
You will have access to the course for 30 days after enrollment. The course allows one computer log-in which cannot be shared. In addition, no transfers or credits will be issued.
- Understand how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation.
- Know how and when to follow up with funders after submitting a proposal.
- 2-page handout
- Project outline worksheet and sample