Thursday, November 1, 2018
3:00 pm - 5:00 pm ET
Are you new to proposal writing or want a quick refresher? If so, you don't want to miss one of our most popular classes!
This class will provide you with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation. It will include:
- The basic elements of a proposal
- The "do's" and "don'ts" of writing and submitting a proposal
- How to follow up whether the answer is yes or no
- 30-minute hands-on exercise to develop a proposal outline (in-person classes only)
- A version of this course is also offered in Spanish.
- For more on proposal budgets, see our free class, Introduction to Project Budgets.
Looking for sample proposals?
Our Sample Documents gallery has samples of actual winning proposals recommended by grantmakers.
Self-paced Learning qualifies for 1.5 CFRE credits and Live Webinar versions qualify for 1 CFRE credit.
1 to 1.5 CFRE points
Are you ready to start fundraising for your project or idea, but don't know what and how much to ask for? If preparing a budget for your foundation grant is holding you back, come learn the basic elements of how to draft a project budget with confidence.
This class will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to generate a standard project budget for a foundation proposal. We will discuss:
- The basic components of a project budget including income and expenses
- How to estimate the realistic cost of a project
- What other financial documents you may also need to submit with your proposal
- Understand how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation.
- Know how and when to follow up with funders after submitting a proposal.
- 2-page handout
- Project outline worksheet and sample
Melissa Grannetino Engagement Specialist Foundation Center Northeast DC View Bio