Access on-demand training:
The United Nation's recent adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) serves as a uniquely valuable opportunity for philanthropy, nonprofit, and civil society. More than 190 world leaders are committed to 17 global goals that will help us fight extreme poverty, end inequality, and fix climate change across the world. If we want to have a chance at achieving these goals of a more equitable and sustainable world, we'll need your help because of the unique role you play in the social sector.
The SDGs are applicable to the entire world, constituting a unified global development agenda. Because the SDGs provide a comprehensive, globally relevant framework for development, Foundation Center believes that nonprofits and civil society should familiarize themselves, at minimum, with the indicators of change that have been developed to account for progress towards each goal. These are the numbers that the world will be watching to see if progress is being made, and they will quickly become one of the most important yardsticks against which the impact of foundations working in an area related to the SDGs will be measured. Be informed and learn how to connect your work to these worldwide goals.
Organizations at all levels around the world are invited to participate and attend, including:
- U.S. based nonprofit staff and leadership
- NGO staff and leadership
- Foundation staff and leadership
- Lauren Bradford, Director of Global Partnerships, Foundation Center (moderator)
- Ana Marie Argilagos, Senior Advisor, Ford Foundation
- Karolina Mzyk Callias, Policy Specialist, Foundations Istanbul International Centre for Private Sector in Development UN Development Programme
- Jeffrey Szuchman, Acting Deputy Director, Office of Policy, Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning USAID
- Be inspired and learn how and why the 17 global goals impact your work
- Gain insight on how the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are relevant to your day to day work in philanthropy, nonprofits, and civil society
- Discover ways to connect local and regional work to global development progress through partnerships and funding opportunities.