We've answered more than 132,000 questions!
Foundation Center's Ask Us service makes it easy for you to engage our team of expert librarians who can answer any of your questions about foundations, philanthropy, fundraising, and nonprofits. Ask Us in two ways:
Chat Live With Us
Chat online in real time with a Foundation Center reference librarian whenever you see the green "Chat Now" button, usually in the upper right corner of every page at GrantSpace. Chat hours are Monday through Friday, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm (Eastern Time).
E-mail Us Your Questions
Send us your questions anytime, day or night, by using our online form. (You'll be taken to a Foundation Center form. It's OK!) We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
What you can expect
- Answer most questions about philanthropy, nonprofit management and fundraising
- Present a variety of resources that will answer your question
- Help you search Foundation Center databases and resources
- Point you to your nearest Foundation Center location or partner that you can visit in person
But we CAN'T:
- Give you a grant or any other type of fund
- Point you to specific funders or approach them on your behalf
- Write or review your grant proposal or other documents
- Give legal, tax, or consulting advice
Why wait for answers? Find them now:
- The Knowledge Base: Get answers to common questions in our Knowledge Base section. Here are five frequently asked questions:
- Foundation Directory Online Quick Start: Use our FDO Quick Start tool to get basic information about independent, community, and corporate foundations.
Contact Foundation Center for information about our products and services.