The Map of International Grants is our free interactive map showing recent grants awarded to recipients based in other countries. While this sample includes only a portion of direct cross-border grants made, it provides a picture of giving to international recipients by larger independent, corporate, or community foundations and grantmaking public charities.
For more customized searches and detailed profiles, we also offer:
- Map of Cross-Border Giving - This database profiles only grantmakers who give internationally. This information is also available as a print directory.
- Foundation Directory Online- This is our primary database of grantmakers. Try the following searches:
- Country Name search to find funders in your country.
- Geographic Focus search for "International" that give outside of their home countries.
- Field of Interest search for your country, region, or continent.
To use Map of Cross Border Giving and Foundation Directory Online from your own computer, subscribe via the links above. They also are free to use at Foundation Center libraries and Funding Information Network locations. If a location is not near you, consider asking friends abroad who are near our locations if they can help you with your funding research. Our Associates Program also provides foundation prospect research for a fee.
If you are new to grantseeking, we suggest starting with these free classes, offered as live/recorded webinars or text-only tutorials:
See our Classroom for our full list of classes.
Also visit the International Visitors page, a special section of the Foundation Center's web site which consolidates resources for international audiences.
See our related Knowledge Base articles on this topic:
Selected web resources below may also be helpful.
Search the Knowledge Base
You May Also Like
Questions by Category
- Funding Resources
- Funding Research
- Nonprofit Management
- Individual Grantseekers
- Resources for Non-U.S. Grantseekers
- Preguntas y respuestas en español